For girls who wear wigs every day, after using few hours to braiding natural hair and glue down the wig, of course, we want it to stay as long as it can to save our time and the glue is messy.
It's understandable to sleep in your beautiful wig at night, but you need to take good care of it to avoid hair messing and tangling, especially for the human hair lace wigs we bought with a lot of money.
So, what should we do to protect the hair and make us feel comfortable when sleeping in a lace wig?
- 1. Braided your lace wig or put it in a ponytail to reduce friction. A short wig will be less of an issue but if you can clip it or hold it in place with bobby pins it will be better for your wig.
- 2. Wear a sleep cap, or wrap a scarf around your head and secure the scarf with a loose knot at the nape of your neck to protect the lace wig.
- 3. Sleep on a satin or silk pillowcase. It will help prevent friction, which protects your wig from tangling or being damaged.
- 4. Untie your head wrap in the morning and finger style the wig, and brush off all the tangles from the hair to keep your wig from frizzing and matting.
- 5. Some people lose their hair due to chemo, sleeping in a wig and waking up with hair may make them feel better. In these cases, have a second cheaper wig as your night time wig, keep your nice lace wig on a wig stand would help you a lot.
No matter how good we protect the wig when sleeping in it, we should wash and condition both the wig and our natural hair at least once a week, and more frequently in hot weather. Because sleep in your lace wig every night or overtime will shorten the lifespan of your wig, and your natural hair needs fresh air and your edges need a break.
Here’re some tips for washing and maintaining your wig when taking off your wig for clean.
- 1. Use the products you wash and condition your natural hair is also not bad for your wig.
- 2. Detangle the hair prior to wash it so that loose hairs are taken out. Remember to handle your wig gently while washing and conditioning it.
- 3. Flip over your wig, wash the inside of your wig’s cap carefully to remove excess hair products used in washing and conditioning, otherwise, your scalp may suffer from itching.
- 4. Let the hair dry by putting it on a wig stand.